Friday, November 13, 2009

Indian Summer

Houston has its faults. It is crowded, full of criminals, and is enormous! But let me tell you, the autumn here, is undeniably the most heavenly place on earth. So, we have been spending lots of afternoons outside. And my camera just loves the lighting. The dimension that I am able to shoot is so good, that I have been keeping a comb and a spit-rag with me when I shoot the kids, in order to keep the boogers out of the shot! (*Quick side note- there was this little kid who’s dad used to race in amateur motocross with our dad, and he used to come over and bug my sister and me. His name was Neal. Booger Neal… To this day, I will not eat a Twizzler, because this damn kid always had a booger off to one side and a Twizzler hanging from his mouth on the other side. *Ucccckkkkk…I think I just threw up in my mouth a little* Also, I delete photos I have taken with slobbery mouths, snotty noses, and Twizzlers…)

Okay, so I have grossed you out a little. Let me try to fix that…

DSC_0006

Cute, huh? That’s Louie… He’s a good kitty. The little dude was pretty much peeling Louie’s skin away from his muscle. I had to use both hands to pry Ivan off of Louie, and would pull *no joke* at least 250 to 350 cat hairs out of Ivan’s hands. Cat didn’t care, not so long as the baby was loving on him. Cats love kiddos, which has surprised me so much since having kids.

DSC_0012

Gracie has begun to “imitate” me at every moment of the day. All the kids hate the camera, so they found an annoying Nemo camera that I had been BRILLIANT enough to buy for them one day in Walmart. She starts using it when I start using mine. It has lovely sound effects, such as: “Hi! *Camera Clicking* I’m Nemo” and “Good Job *Flash sound*” which occur every time the button is clicked. Ummm…yeah, good thinking Mom!

DSC_0020

Must…Chew…Everything!!!

Here’s a series, which show the train of thought for a baby…

“Oooooooooohhhhh! What this thing here?”

DSC_0036

“Hmmmmmmmm…What to do with this thing…I will ponder a moment”

DSC_0038

“Ahhhhhhh…Crunchy"!”

…”Ughhhhhhhcckkkk…CRUNCHY!”

DSC_0039

“Hmmm, must remember that “crunchy” doesn’t always mean “good”.

DSC_0041

Of course, I must not forget to show you my little “Teeny”, who very MUCH hates the camera and will not show me her beautiful blues. Sad indeed. I could have pictures all over the walls of my house just of her eyes, they are so beautiful.

DSC_0048

I am going to leave you with one last photo for this post. When I saw this photo, I was reminded of my sweet GranJack. For those who know him, look and see if you can find him in that little guy’s face.

DSC_0058

“Ten tiny little fingers that always want to play,
That never stop exploring the wonder of today.
Ten tiny little fingers that from the very start,
Will reach out for tomorrow yet always hold your heart.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

free counter