Friday, May 1, 2009

Trait Theories































































































































I think one of the most repeated sentiments that I have heard since having kids is that one of my children resemble someone in one of our families. In psychology, there is an area known as "Trait Theory" which studies the emotional and psychological traits that pass down through the generations. The same principle could apply to physical characteristics as well.












































Every person has a different theory about who our children look like. Its really interesting to hear the different theories, and stack them against my own. For instance, I was recently told that Gracie looks just like I did when I was a kid. But when I look at some of my baby photos, I see Lilly.












































I wanted to put together some photos of our kids and their "trait twins":



























Here's my Dad (Dean) and Ivan Dean:






























































































































































































































































Another Dad (Dean) picture and little Ivan Dean:



















































































































































































































Now, this one is Casey as a baby and Ivan again...they favor as well:





































































































































































































































Lilly has always reminded me of her Uncle Don (Casey's Oldest Brother). I think she reminds me more of him by her personality and behavior. But unmistakeably, she shares her grin with Don:






























Uncle Don with his son, Chris and then a photo of Lillian:




















































































































































































































































But I think she looks like I did when I was a baby.






Here's me and then a similar photo of Lilly. See the shape of our eyes?





































































Another photo of me as a baby, and a Lilly one to match:










































And last but certainly not least is Gracie...




I think she looks like my Mom (Traci) more than any body. Here's some evidence:




Mom with the girls on a boat ride at Lake Bonham and one of Gracie drawing:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors

free counter